We are looking for motivated researchers to join our growing interdisciplinary group at one of the top research universities in plant and animal sciences.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with excellent biochemistry and structural biology background to study the structure-function of hormone signaling and regulation by ubiquitin system in plants. A successful candidate must meet the following requirements:
- PhD in Biochemistry and/or Structural Biology (preferably not more than 1-2 years of postgraduate training).
- Extensive experience with molecular biology and cloning techniques.
- Excellent experience in protein expression systems (including E-coli and/or insect cells) and large-scale protein purification techniques (various chromatographical methods).
- Excellent and proven background in structural biology (x-ray crystallography and/or CryoEM).
- Ability and desire to train junior scientists (good communication skills).
- Experience in plant biochemistry and methodologies in Arabidopsis are preferred but not required.
Please send your application directly to Dr. Nitzan Shabek, with the subject line: Postdoc in Structural Biology Application. Please include a cover letter that highlights your research experience & interests, CV, and contact information of 2-3 references. If possible, please use your current institution’s e-mail account when sending your application (otherwise it might go to junk mail).
Prospective Graduate Students
I am currently accepting graduate students who want to take part in our research, and learn the molecular secrets of nature from the atomic level to whole organismal biology. You can join the lab through Ph.D. programs in Plant Biology (PBGG), the Biochemistry, Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology (BMCDB), and Integrative Genetics and Genomics (IGG) graduate groups at UC Davis (contact Dr. Nitzan Shabek for more information).
We are welcoming motivated and curious undergrads who eager to gain extensive biotech research skill-sets and have ‘hands on’ experience on the latest biochemistry, structural and functional biology techniques. A successful candidate should have an excellent background in biological sciences and some experience in laboratory procedures. If you are interested in joining us – please contact Dr. Nitzan Shabek for more information.